Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mysore...here we come!

Well, today is the big travel day! I'm packed and ready to go and am enjoying a lovely morning with my family before leaving them for 5 weeks. (We will be ichating, though!)

It seems that all the arrangements have gradually fallen into place. My beautiful friend Koushik will be meeting me at the airport in Bangalore and traveling with me to Mysore on Monday. I'm so grateful for his generosity. It gives me some peace to know I won't be traveling all by myself across Southern India with an unknown driver on my first visit.

My travel day today will be a long one...almost 27 hours between Lubbock and Bangalore plus the drive to Mysore. I'll be traveling through Houston, New York, and Frankfurt on a heightened security weekend...remembering that September day 10 years ago. I appreciate all of your prayers for safe and uneventful travel.

Next time, I'll be posting from India!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Namaste Dear Lisa... and many blessings to you and all you meet on your journey in India... Heartfully, Jennifer

Candace said...

Wow! Lisa, I can't wait to hear all about it! Will be watching for your blogs! Candace